If you've ever watched sitcoms like 'Friends' and 'How I Met Your Mother', you'll notice that the characters in the sitcom portray what best friends should be really well.
Here are the similarities I gather from the above sitcoms I've mentioned
- They hug each other all the time
- They apologise when they're wrong (eventually)
- They tell the truth (although sometimes it can be hilarious or mean)
- They are honest (that's why they tell the truth)
- They respect each other (although sometimes NOT)
- They push you and encourage you to reach your goals (Drink more BEER!)
- They laugh at your jokes although they don't know what it means
- After laughing at your joke, they make a joke out of you by teasing you
- They are always connected to you (Whatsapp / Telegram chatgroups)
and the list goes on..
So having the opportunity to document the friendship of these ladies (Phyllis, Winnie, Shanice & Amanda) gives me a chance to rethink what friendships should be.
These ladies were so joyful (even though we started the session really early), they enjoyed each other's company, teased one another and laughed to their heart's desire. Friendships should be like that. Don't you think so?
Anyway, have a wonderful 2015 everyone!